At Vouga Abogados, we are a reference in mining and energy law, and our advice in this sector has become one of the main differentiators of our Firm. Our team is one of the best in Paraguay thanks to the vast experience and practice that has matured over the years in providing complex advice in a highly regulated sector with an extremely high technical component.
We have experience assisting both private clients in bidding processes, as well as in obtaining concessions, licenses and permits, and national regulatory entities in the implementation and design of regulations, including the approval of new laws and their amendments.
At Vouga Abogados, we propose a multidisciplinary approach, combining our legal expertise with that of recognized experts and technical consultants from other professions.
We assist our clients on issues such as:
- Advice on regulatory matters related to energy, oil, gas and natural resources.
- Advice on environmental issues related to the energy sector.
- Environmental impact assessments.
- Preparation of draft laws and regulations in the areas of mining, energy and natural resources.
- Preparation of regulatory framework for independent power generation.
- Due diligence in the energy sector.
- Negotiation of prospecting, exploration and exploitation permits.
- Negotiation and drafting of agreements for the assignment of exploration and exploitation rights for oil concessions.
- Concession, construction, assembly, equipment supply, power purchase and sale, and gas supply agreements.
- Legal opinions on joint ventures, public-private partnerships, engineering, supply and construction contracts.
- Power generation, power distribution and transmission line installation projects.
- Advice on energy export projects.
- Advice and drafting of Power Purchase Agreements (PPA).
- Advice and processing in obtaining power co-generator licenses.
- Negotiation and drafting of medium, high and very high voltage power supply contracts.
- Financing for projects in the energy sector.
- Administrative and judicial litigation in energy and natural resources matters, including: tariff reviews, contractual disputes, administrative audits and summary proceedings, appeals of administrative resolutions and contracts, conflicts with communities and lawsuits involving administrative liability.
- Monitoring of legislative changes related to natural resources regimes.
\ Renewable fuels and bioethanol producer, in project finance for the construction of a new plant
We advised a local company, leader in the renewable fuel and ethanol production sector, in a cross-border project finance transaction for the installation of a new plant, the provision of technical assistance and know-how for its biodiesel production facilities and bioethanol. The assistance includes the negotiation of EPC, EPS and EPCM contracts with the main suppliers, offtake contracts and financing contract for a syndicated loan with lenders.
\ Copetrol S.A., in the acquisition of Pan American Energy (Axion)’s assets in Uruguay
Assisted a leading Paraguayan company in the fuel distribution sector, in a joint offer and negotiation of contracts for the acquisition of assets from a competitor in Uruguay.
\ Copetrol, in the acquisition of assets of Axion Energy in Paraguay
We advised a leading local fuel distribution company in the potential acquisition of one of the largest service station operators in Paraguay.