En Vouga Abogados somos líderes reconocidos en la práctica de Hidrocarburos, ofrecemos servicios integrales a empresas del sector, contamos con un equipo de especialistas en materia de derecho ambiental, administrativo, tributario, corporativo y en resolución de conflictos, lo que nos permite ser socios locales de nuestros clientes y de todas las empresas que deseen hacerse un lugar en el mercado paraguayo.
Our services include, among others:
- Drafting and analysis of concession, construction, assembly, and equipment supply contracts.
- Drafting and analysis of gas supply, farm-in, off-take and drilling agreements.
- Advice on joint operation and joint venture agreements.
- Preparation of hydrocarbon transportation agreements.
- Hydrocarbon purchase and sale agreements.
- Representation before public entities and government offices.
- Public procurement.
- International pipeline projects.
- Assistance in the exploration, refining, distribution and commercialization of crude oil, natural gas, liquefied natural gas and by-products.
- Advice on the acquisition of companies in the oil & gas sector.
- Advice in the financing of hydrocarbon projects.
- Monitoring of the evolution and development of the national legislation applicable to the oil & gas sector.
- Tax consulting.
- Environmental aspects.
\ Leading company in hydrocarbons sector, in competition matters
Assisted an oil company by engaging with the authorities on its behalf regarding the investigations for alleged non-fulfilment of a commitments and remedies plan set forth by competition authority CONACOM when approving our client's acquisition of its competitor.
Paraguay Energy Operations and Logistics SRL
Represented a local oil company as plaintiff in an action for counterpart´s breach of minimum turnover clauses established in an agreement. The defendant recognized the debt of approx. USD 4.5 Million in an acknowledgment before a notary public.
Leading fuel distribution company, in labor lawsuits
We represented a company in the hydrocarbon sector in a labor lawsuit filed against it by an occupational health doctor with whom the client had entered into a service contract. The plaintiff claims, among others, recognition of his status as a worker, reinstatement and compensation for damages.