At Vouga Abogados, we have a successful practice and extensive experience advising a broad range of clients, both national and international, in the areas of Maritime and Aeronautical Law. In addition, we have participated in projects related to transportation and logistics master plans, and have advised large fleets and airlines in all their operational and day-to-day matters.
Our services include advice on the following matters:
- Multimodal transportation and forwarding.
- Contracts for the sale, charter, construction, maintenance and repair of aircraft and vessels.
- River, sea and air transportation contracts.
- Financing for the acquisition of aircraft, barges, tugboats and vessels in general.
- Constitution and execution of maritime and aeronautical guarantees.
- Bankruptcy of transportation companies.
- Preventive seizure of aircraft and vessels.
- Repossession of aircraft and vessels.
- Collisions, collisions, collisions, and major damages.
- Pollution cases.
- Cargo claims.
- Registration and deregistration of aircraft and vessels.
- Maritime and aeronautical labor law.
- Tax regime applicable to maritime, aeronautical and transportation industry related activities.
\ Largest soft drinks bottler, in contract restructuring during Covid-19
Advised the sole distributor of one of the world´s largest soft drink companies on the re-negotiation of several contracts with clients, particularly with those clients most affected by the pandemic, such as restaurants and bars.
\ World leader in personal care products, in regulatory matters
Advised a leading global company in personal care products analyzing the implications and legality, as well as the follow-up of the parliamentary process, of three bills presented in Congress through which it was intended to control the prices of products considered essential during the pandemic.
\ Largest soft drink bottler, in adaptation of contracts to antitrust regulations
Assisted a major soft drinks company by analysing under competition law various clauses used in contracts with its clients, taking into account the soft drinks company´s high market share in Paraguay.