The pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors are highly regulated industries and particularly sensitive and exposed to intellectual property violations and unfair competition practices. At Vouga Abogados, we provide services in regulatory matters as well as in obtaining, preventing, and defending rights. To this end, we have developed a multidisciplinary team that combines our expertise in corporate, intellectual property and administrative law with that of our allied experts in chemicals and pharmaceuticals to assist companies in the pharmaceutical, cosmetics, medical equipment, biotechnology, and hospital sectors.
Our services include:
- Advising on regulatory, consumer protection and product liability issues.
- Drafting of production, licensing, and distribution agreements.
- Registration of intellectual property rights.
- Protection of intellectual property rights.
- Advising and processing for obtaining sanitary registrations.
- Due diligence in transactions involving companies in the sector.
- Drafting and negotiation of licensing and technology transfer agreements.
- Attention to mercantile, commercial, and contractual matters.
\ World leader in personal care products, in regulatory matters
Advised a leading global company in personal care products analyzing the implications and legality, as well as the follow-up of the parliamentary process, of three bills presented in Congress through which it was intended to control the prices of products considered essential during the pandemic.
\ Sale of shares of Cadena Farmacenter S.A.
We advised the shareholders of one of the largest pharmacy chains in Paraguay, in the sale of their shares. Our advice included, among others, assistance in obtaining the corresponding authorization from the Competition Authority (CONACOM), as well as the drafting and allocation of risks in the share purchase agreement.
\ Various clients in transactional, distribution, agency and contract work
We provide advice to several clients on issues of distribution and agency rights; our advice includes the drafting of new agreements, review and restructuring of previous agreements, termination negotiations, as well as compensation claims under Law 194, among others.