At Vouga Abogados, we have a team that has accompanied the significant growth of the telecommunications sector, and we are constantly updating our know-how on all regulations applicable to this constantly evolving industry.
We provide legal services to telecommunications, broadcasting and media companies in a wide range of matters, including:
- Regulatory matters related to telecommunications, broadcasting and media, including telephony, provision of satellite capacity, data transmission services and others.
- Sales and acquisitions of telecommunications companies and telecommunications towers.
- Licensing of telecommunications and broadcasting services.
- Mobile telephony.
- Infrastructure contracts.
- Internet services.
- Satellite and interconnection services.
- Production and sale of television and radio programs.
- Drafting and negotiation of programming, content, distribution, licensing and networks.
- Licensing, copyright and other intellectual property rights in the media field.
\ Tigo / Teledeportes, a Millicom subsidiary
Assisted the largest telecom provider in Paraguay regarding a complaint of the alleged abuse of its dominant position made by a competitor advising on the competition authority’s grounds for investigation, possible defences and alternatives, and estimated outcome.
We assisted one of the largest Chinese technology companies in the world in the process of updating its internal policies, in accordance with local regulations, regarding privacy issues in key sectors for its business such as: cloud computing, cyber security, Internet of Things (IoT), virtual assistants and app store.
\ Indra Systems (Paraguayan Branch)
We provided legal assistance to the Paraguayan branch of an international telecommunications company regarding how to obtain reimbursement of their tax credits.