Over the years, Vouga Abogados has accumulated vast experience advising companies on regulatory matters and representing them before regulatory bodies. Our Firm is fully familiar with both national and municipal regulations. Vouga Abogados' wide range of experience in administrative matters includes:
- Administrative and judicial litigation before relevant governmental bodies, including but not limited to before: CNV (Comisión Nacional de Valores), BCP (Banco Central del Paraguay), SIS (Superintendencia de Seguros), INCOOP (Instituto Nacional de Cooperativismo), ERSSAN (Ente Regulador de Servicios Sanitarios), CONATEL (Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones), SEAM (Secretaria del Ambiente), Ministries, DINAC (Dirección Nacional de Aeronáutica Civil), DNA (Dirección Nacional de Aduanas), ANNP (Administración Nacional de Navegación y Puertos), INTN (Instituto Nacional de Tecnología y Normalización), SET (Subsecretaria de Estado de Tributación), DNCP (Dirección Nacional de Contrataciones Públicas).
- Advice on public hearings.
- Design of corporate operations in view of applicable regulations.
- Permit applications for regulated activities.
- Public bids for infrastructure projects.
- Concession of public services.
- Drafting of public procurement, privatization, PPP, anti-competition, multimodal transportation, etc.
- Contracts with the public sector.
- Participación Público-Privada (PPP).
- Financiamiento de proyectos (project finance).
- Contractual clauses for regulatory matters.
- Reportes de due diligence regulatorios.
- Public debt and financing
Pulp mill, in obtaining loans for operating capital and afforestation
We advised Paracel, a company that is promoting a large project for the construction of a pulp production plant, with its own production of eucalyptus wood, in the transaction to obtain a loan of USD 20,000,000 granted by a local commercial bank to finance working capital and afforestation projects.
\ TMF Group
We advised the Paraguayan branch of a world-renowned consulting firm, TMF, as collateral agent in relation to the financing of a PPP / PPP (public-private partnership) project that involves the design, rehabilitation, construction, operation and maintenance of the National Routes 2 and 7.
\ Renewable fuels and bioethanol producer, in project finance for the construction of a new plant
We advised a local company, leader in the renewable fuel and ethanol production sector, in a cross-border project finance transaction for the installation of a new plant, the provision of technical assistance and know-how for its biodiesel production facilities and bioethanol. The assistance includes the negotiation of EPC, EPS and EPCM contracts with the main suppliers, offtake contracts and financing contract for a syndicated loan with lenders.