Vouga Abogados is the leading firm in the Banking & Financial Law practice area in Paraguay. This practice area is one of the most highly valuated areas of Vouga Abogados.
Vouga Abogados regularly advises on the most relevant, innovative, and highly complex transactions in the country. For decades we have provided first-class services to the national and international banking and financial industry.
Among our clients are many multilaterals, various credit agencies, development agencies, banks, funds and international financiers.
Our lawyers are considered leading professionals in the field of finance and the banking and financial regulatory area.
Our advice has been considered by the most prestigious financial institutions and investors as decisive for the success of their operations in Paraguay.
Our services in the financial services sector include assistance in:
- Financiación de proyectos o Project financing.
- Banking, financial services, foreign exchange regulation.
- Incorporation of banks, financial entities, branches and representative offices of foreign banks.
- Restructuring of financial institutions.
- Structuring and administration of trusts.
- Secured and unsecured loans.
- Sovereign and sub-sovereign debt.
- Individual and syndicated/collective loans.
- Surety bonds.
- Hedging agreements.
- Structured financing.
- Incorporation and operation of other regulated entities, such as Electronic Payment Companies (EMPEs), Credit Entities (OCD).
- Tech companies that provide services related to the financial area (Fintech), including payment facilitators and aggregators, card processors, SAAS, wallets, virtual assets, NFTs, crypto, etc.
- Broad and limited Due Diligence of Paraguayan companies from all industries.
- Comprehensive advise in banking and financial law matters.
MasterCard / McCann Erickson in lawsuits related to intellectual property
We represented one of the most important credit card processing network companies in the world and a network of leading advertising agencies worldwide, in two lawsuits for alleged infringement of Intellectual Property rights.
\ LAAD (Latin American Agribusiness Development Corporation, S.A.)
We advised an international financial institution in a foreclosure process for two high-value farms located in rural areas.
German development finance company on various loans
We advised a development finance institution of German origin in an unsecured loan of USD 37,5 million, granted to a local bank.