Vouga Abogados is a leading mergers and acquisitions (M&A) firm in Paraguay. Over the years, our Firm has worked on key M&A transactions both domestically and internationally, including the largest private acquisition to date.
Our team of top-notch legal experts has specialized knowledge in various practice areas to offer clients exceptional interdisciplinary advice in the following areas:
- Drafting of letters of intent and memorandums of understanding, shareholders' agreements, put and call option agreements, non-competition agreements.
- Sale and acquisition of subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Sale of shares.
- Adquisiciones asistidas (Leveraged and management buy-outs).
- Sale and purchase of assets.
- Joint ventures y alianzas estratégicas.
- Acquisition and sale of distressed assets and companies facing financial difficulties.
- Mergers and acquisitions of publicly traded companies.
- Deregistration of publicly traded issuers from the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Legal due diligence procedures with special focus on a variety of areas, including environmental and industrial safety, tax and labor aspects.
- Requesting and obtaining regulatory approvals.
\ Largest soft drinks bottler, in contract restructuring during Covid-19
Advised the sole distributor of one of the world´s largest soft drink companies on the re-negotiation of several contracts with clients, particularly with those clients most affected by the pandemic, such as restaurants and bars.
\ World leader in personal care products, in regulatory matters
Advised a leading global company in personal care products analyzing the implications and legality, as well as the follow-up of the parliamentary process, of three bills presented in Congress through which it was intended to control the prices of products considered essential during the pandemic.
\ Largest soft drink bottler, in adaptation of contracts to antitrust regulations
Assisted a major soft drinks company by analysing under competition law various clauses used in contracts with its clients, taking into account the soft drinks company´s high market share in Paraguay.