Vouga Abogados is a leading mergers and acquisitions (M&A) firm in Paraguay. Over the years, our Firm has worked on key M&A transactions both domestically and internationally, including the largest private acquisition to date.
Our team of top-notch legal experts has specialized knowledge in various practice areas to offer clients exceptional interdisciplinary advice in the following areas:
- Drafting of letters of intent and memorandums of understanding, shareholders' agreements, put and call option agreements, non-competition agreements.
- Sale and acquisition of subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Sale of shares.
- Adquisiciones asistidas (Leveraged and management buy-outs).
- Sale and purchase of assets.
- Joint ventures y alianzas estratégicas.
- Acquisition and sale of distressed assets and companies facing financial difficulties.
- Mergers and acquisitions of publicly traded companies.
- Deregistration of publicly traded issuers from the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Legal due diligence procedures with special focus on a variety of areas, including environmental and industrial safety, tax and labor aspects.
- Requesting and obtaining regulatory approvals.
\ Sale of shares of Cadena Farmacenter S.A.
We advised the shareholders of one of the largest pharmacy chains in Paraguay, in the sale of their shares. Our advice included, among others, assistance in obtaining the corresponding authorization from the Competition Authority (CONACOM), as well as the drafting and allocation of risks in the share purchase agreement.
\ Leading company in hydrocarbons sector, in competition matters
Assisted an oil company by engaging with the authorities on its behalf regarding the investigations for alleged non-fulfilment of a commitments and remedies plan set forth by competition authority CONACOM when approving our client's acquisition of its competitor.
\ JV between two of the largest agribusiness and fertilizer companies worldwide, on antitrust matters
We provide advice to a joint venture composed of an international exporter and an agribusiness company, in the analysis of the scope of application of the Paraguayan Competition Law.