Vouga Abogados' Tax Law team is composed of outstanding legal specialists with prior experience working with the tax authorities. We offer comprehensive advisory services in the tax and customs area, including:
- Lawsuits before the administrative and judicial tax authorities.
- Assistance in tax recovery proceedings.
Complex litigation involving tax audits and customs summary proceedings.
- Advice on tax planning, restructuring and transfer pricing.
Identification of tax contingencies in international and domestic transactions (mergers and acquisitions, foreign investments, international financial transactions).
- Tax incentive regimes, free zones, double taxation treaties and special investment regimes.
- MERCOSUR, FTAA and WTO regimes.
- Tax audits.
- Imports and exports, customs matters.
- Litigation before customs authorities.
ADM (Archer Daniels Midland), in tax credit refund processes
Represented a world leading company in agribusiness and agroindustry in a lawsuit brought against the Tax Department (SET) to obtain a refund of Value Added Tax (VAT) from export activities which are exempted from tax.
World leading company in the agribusiness sector in tax matters
Represented a world leading company in agribusiness and agroindustry in an action filed against Resolution N° 512/2016 issued by the tax authority (SET) aiming to declare the unconstitutionality of specific tax rules.
\ Mount Sinai International
We advised one of the largest hospital networks and health care systems in the world with the negotiation and drafting of an affiliation and license agreement with a company in Paraguay, as well as other matters related to the analysis and application of local law.