Vouga Abogados is the leading firm in the Banking & Financial Law practice area in Paraguay. This practice area is one of the most highly valuated areas of Vouga Abogados.
Vouga Abogados regularly advises on the most relevant, innovative, and highly complex transactions in the country. For decades we have provided first-class services to the national and international banking and financial industry.
Among our clients are many multilaterals, various credit agencies, development agencies, banks, funds and international financiers.
Our lawyers are considered leading professionals in the field of finance and the banking and financial regulatory area.
Our advice has been considered by the most prestigious financial institutions and investors as decisive for the success of their operations in Paraguay.
Our services in the financial services sector include assistance in:
- Project financing.
- Banking, financial services, foreign exchange regulation.
- Incorporation of banks, financial entities, branches and representative offices of foreign banks.
- Restructuring of financial institutions.
- Structuring and administration of trusts.
- Secured and unsecured loans.
- Sovereign and sub-sovereign debt.
- Individual and syndicated/collective loans.
- Surety bonds.
- Hedging agreements.
- Structured financing.
- Incorporation and operation of other regulated entities, such as Electronic Payment Companies (EMPEs), Credit Entities (OCD).
- Tech companies that provide services related to the financial area (Fintech), including payment facilitators and aggregators, card processors, SAAS, wallets, virtual assets, NFTs, crypto, etc.
- Broad and limited Due Diligence of Paraguayan companies from all industries.
- Comprehensive advise in banking and financial law matters.
\ Largest soft drinks bottler, in contract restructuring during Covid-19
Advised the sole distributor of one of the world´s largest soft drink companies on the re-negotiation of several contracts with clients, particularly with those clients most affected by the pandemic, such as restaurants and bars.
\ World leader in personal care products, in regulatory matters
Advised a leading global company in personal care products analyzing the implications and legality, as well as the follow-up of the parliamentary process, of three bills presented in Congress through which it was intended to control the prices of products considered essential during the pandemic.
\ Largest soft drink bottler, in adaptation of contracts to antitrust regulations
Assisted a major soft drinks company by analysing under competition law various clauses used in contracts with its clients, taking into account the soft drinks company´s high market share in Paraguay.