Vouga Abogados is the leading firm in the Banking & Financial Law practice area in Paraguay. This practice area is one of the most highly valuated areas of Vouga Abogados.
Vouga Abogados regularly advises on the most relevant, innovative, and highly complex transactions in the country. For decades we have provided first-class services to the national and international banking and financial industry.
Among our clients are many multilaterals, various credit agencies, development agencies, banks, funds and international financiers.
Our lawyers are considered leading professionals in the field of finance and the banking and financial regulatory area.
Our advice has been considered by the most prestigious financial institutions and investors as decisive for the success of their operations in Paraguay.
Our services in the financial services sector include assistance in:
- Project financing.
- Banking, financial services, foreign exchange regulation.
- Incorporation of banks, financial entities, branches and representative offices of foreign banks.
- Restructuring of financial institutions.
- Structuring and administration of trusts.
- Secured and unsecured loans.
- Sovereign and sub-sovereign debt.
- Individual and syndicated/collective loans.
- Surety bonds.
- Hedging agreements.
- Structured financing.
- Incorporation and operation of other regulated entities, such as Electronic Payment Companies (EMPEs), Credit Entities (OCD).
- Tech companies that provide services related to the financial area (Fintech), including payment facilitators and aggregators, card processors, SAAS, wallets, virtual assets, NFTs, crypto, etc.
- Broad and limited Due Diligence of Paraguayan companies from all industries.
- Comprehensive advise in banking and financial law matters.
\ NY-based debt fund in claim against local borrower
We advised a New York-based fund in the agribusiness sector in a lawsuit against the guarantors of a financing agreement. Prior to the start of the lawsuit, we advised the client in the negotiations with the debtors; We managed to obtain partial payments of the debt, thus reducing the contingency and the amount finally claimed.
We successfully represented the main Paraguayan credit bureau company, against a fraudulent action through which the defendant sought to obtain illicit compensation.
MasterCard / McCann Erickson in lawsuits related to intellectual property
We represented one of the most important credit card processing network companies in the world and a network of leading advertising agencies worldwide, in two lawsuits for alleged infringement of Intellectual Property rights.