Over the years, Vouga Abogados has accumulated extensive experience advising companies on regulatory matters and has represented them before regulatory agencies. Our office is fully familiar with national and municipal regulations. Vouga Abogados' extensive experience in administrative matters includes:
- Administrative and judicial litigation before relevant governmental agencies, including but not limited to: CNV (National Securities Commission), BCP (Central Bank of Paraguay), SIS (Superintendence of Insurance), INCOOP (National Institute of Cooperativism), ERSSAN (National Sanitation Regulator) , CONATEL (National Telecommunications Commission), SEAM (Secretariat of the Environment), Ministries, DINAC (Dirección Nacional de Aeronáutica), DNA (Dirección Nacional de Aduanas), ANNP (Administración Nacional de Puertos y Navegación), INTN (Instituto Nacional de Tecnología y Normalización), SET (Subsecretaría de Estado de Tributación), DNCP (Dirección Nacional de Contrataciones Públicas).
- Advice on public hearings.
- Corporate operations projects considering the applicable regulations.
- Permit applications for regulated activities.
- Concession of public services.
Drafting of bills on public procurement, privatization, PPPs, anti-competition, multimodal transportation, etc.
- Contracts with the public sector.
- Contractual provisions in regulatory matters.
\ Tigo / Teledeportes, a Millicom subsidiary
Assisted the largest telecom provider in Paraguay regarding a complaint of the alleged abuse of its dominant position made by a competitor advising on the competition authority’s grounds for investigation, possible defences and alternatives, and estimated outcome.
\ Obtaining a license for the production and commercialization of medical cannabis
We successfully advised a local company in the process of obtaining one (1) of the twelve (12) licenses granted by the Paraguayan Government for the production and commercialization of cannabis for medicinal purposes.