At Vouga Abogados we are aware of the importance of free competition and its impact on the market and the economy. Our Firm has a team with extensive experience in advising and representing national and international clients in antitrust matters, both in merger control and anti-competitive practices.
- Merger control filings before the competition authority (Conacom).
- Advice on merger control matters.
- Representation and assistance in investigations and summary proceedings initiated by Conacom.
- Design and implementation of compliance programs focused on compliance with applicable antitrust provisions.
- Review of agreements and market practices in light of the provisions of the Antitrust Law and the resolutions issued by Conacom.
- Antitrust and unfair competition litigation.
- The Firm played a crucial role in the drafting and design of the Antitrust Law submitted to Congress. The active contribution of our team in the public debate and in the enactment process put our firm at the forefront of the Antitrust space in Paraguay.
- Today, the team of Vouga Abogados advises and accompanies clients in merger control and antitrust matters. Likewise, it has successfully advised on merger notifications before Conacom and currently assists clients in the first administrative summary proceedings initiated by Conacom. Our clients seek our advice on a daily basis in the review of different types of contracts and agreements in order to ensure strict compliance with antitrust regulations. The implementation and design of antitrust compliance programs is part of our ongoing activities in this area.
\ Largest soft drink bottler, in adaptation of contracts to antitrust regulations
Assisted a major soft drinks company by analysing under competition law various clauses used in contracts with its clients, taking into account the soft drinks company´s high market share in Paraguay.
\ British American Tobacco (BAT)
Advising a world leading tobacco company with a strong market share on competition law matters, for example on a series of point-of-sale contracts covering advertisement, marketing and product exhibition matters, and on distribution contracts.
\ Sale of shares of Cadena Farmacenter S.A.
We advised the shareholders of one of the largest pharmacy chains in Paraguay, in the sale of their shares. Our advice included, among others, assistance in obtaining the corresponding authorization from the Competition Authority (CONACOM), as well as the drafting and allocation of risks in the share purchase agreement.