At Vouga Abogados we offer comprehensive legal advice on all matters related to construction, infrastructure development, real estate and urban planning to a sponsors, lenders, and contractors. Our Construction team integrates multiple practices within our firm, drawing from our expertise in banking and finance, environmental, labor, insurance, competition regulation, energy, oil & gas, logistics, tax, dispute resolution, regulated industries, and telecommunications.
We advise on all aspects of the construction sector, providing our clients with strategic and effective solutions that include:
- Drafting and negotiation of construction contracts, including EPCs, turnkeys, design and build, build own and operate, construction management/EPCMs, engineering consulting, alliance agreements, and subcontracts.
- Drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts such distribution, logistics, operation and maintenance, long-term supply for a wide variety of industries, and power purchase agreements.
- Structuring, preparation and providing legal advice in relation to procurement strategies and procedures.
- Providing bankability and risk allocation analysis to lenders and sponsors, including audits to project documents, reviewing project contracts and providing comments on risk distribution.
- Providing continuous legal support with managing risks and claims linked to complex contracts and construction contracts, including pre-litigation consultation (preparation of notifications, liquidations, claim management, amendments and settlements) and representation in disputes, including alternative dispute resolution methods such as dispute boards, mediation, expert determination, negotiation and arbitration.
Vouga Abogados also has a well-established real estate practice, providing support to our local and international clients on matters that include the following:
- Legal aspects of the construction of industrial plants, housing developments, office buildings, stores, shopping centers, hotels and resorts, single-family homes and multi-family dwellings, condominiums, hospitals, clubs, theme parks, private ports, laboratories, and public works.
- Creation of funds and trusts for investment in the real estate sector.
- Mortgages and foreclosures.
- Financing of real estate projects through securitization or securitization processes.
- Loan agreements for real estate projects.
- Analysis of tax and environmental aspects of real estate development projects.
- Acquisition of real estate by foreigners.
- Real estate lotting.
- Real estate development and construction contracts including EPC, EPCM and BOT.
- Purchase and sale of urban and rural real estate.
- Establishment and operation of agricultural and agribusiness projects.
- Lease & sale and leaseback agreements.
- Real estate management agreements.
- Hotel management and operation agreements.
- Obtaining construction permits.
- Legal due diligence in matters concerning the real estate sector.
- Legal actions regarding expropriation, occupation, invasion, measurement, eviction, and demarcation matters.
International financial institution in the granting of secured loans to the agricultural and construction sectors
We provided advice to a financial institution affiliated with one of the largest manufacturers of tractors and machinery in the world, in the evaluation, structuring and implementation of a cross-border loan scheme through which the institution will finance the acquisition of machinery and equipment for the agricultural sector and construction.
\ TMF Group
We advised the Paraguayan branch of a world-renowned consulting firm, TMF, as collateral agent in relation to the financing of a PPP / PPP (public-private partnership) project that involves the design, rehabilitation, construction, operation and maintenance of the National Routes 2 and 7.
\ Paracel, in all legal aspects related to project finance and project implementation
We advised the company that will install the first BEKP cellulose pulp plant in Paraguay, and the largest private investment in history, in all legal aspects of the project including, among others, the negotiation of contracts with the main investors, subscription agreements, shareholder agreements and other documents, contracts with the general contractor, negotiation of EPC, EPS, EPCM, turnkey and other construction contracts, negotiation of construction contracts, purchase of raw materials, negotiation of agreements with financiers, processing and obtaining permits and licenses of various kinds, power purchase agreement (PPA), offtake agreements, logistics contracts, immigration, assistance to financiers with due diligence, raising of capital and other legal tasks related to the implementation of the project.