At Vouga Abogados we offer practical legal advice on all types of matters related to real estate and urban planning to a wide range of participants in this sector. As transactions in this sector usually involve the overlapping of several legal areas, our team of specialists is tailored to the particular needs of each case, providing comprehensive advice.
Our services in this area include:
- Legal aspects of the construction of industrial plants, housing developments, office buildings, stores, shopping centers, hotels and resorts, single-family homes and multi-family dwellings, condominiums, hospitals, clubs, theme parks, private ports, laboratories, and public works.
- Creation of funds and trusts for investment in the real estate sector.
- Mortgages and foreclosures.
- Financing of real estate projects through securitization or securitization processes.
- Loan agreements for real estate projects.
- Analysis of tax and environmental aspects of real estate development projects.
- Acquisition of real estate by foreigners.
- Real estate lotting.
- Real estate development and construction contracts including EPC, EPCM and BOT.
- Purchase and sale of urban and rural real estate.
- Establishment and operation of agricultural and agribusiness projects.
- Lease & sale and leaseback agreements.
- Real estate management agreements.
- Hotel management and operation agreements.
- Obtaining construction permits.
- Legal due diligence in matters concerning the real estate sector.
- Legal actions regarding expropriation, occupation, invasion, measurement, eviction, and demarcation matters.
International financial institution in the granting of secured loans to the agricultural and construction sectors
We provided advice to a financial institution affiliated with one of the largest manufacturers of tractors and machinery in the world, in the evaluation, structuring and implementation of a cross-border loan scheme through which the institution will finance the acquisition of machinery and equipment for the agricultural sector and construction.
\ TMF Group
We advised the Paraguayan branch of a world-renowned consulting firm, TMF, as collateral agent in relation to the financing of a PPP / PPP (public-private partnership) project that involves the design, rehabilitation, construction, operation and maintenance of the National Routes 2 and 7.
\ Action to cease the use of the trademark
We assisted a building materials supply company with brand protection by drafting and submitting a cease and desist order to a local construction company.