At Vouga Abogados we offer practical legal advice on all types of matters related to real estate and urban planning to a wide range of participants in this sector. As transactions in this sector usually involve the overlapping of several legal areas, our team of specialists is tailored to the particular needs of each case, providing comprehensive advice.
Our services in this area include:
- Legal aspects of the construction of industrial plants, housing developments, office buildings, stores, shopping centers, hotels and resorts, single-family homes and multi-family dwellings, condominiums, hospitals, clubs, theme parks, private ports, laboratories, and public works.
- Creation of funds and trusts for investment in the real estate sector.
- Mortgages and foreclosures.
- Financing of real estate projects through securitization or securitization processes.
- Loan agreements for real estate projects.
- Analysis of tax and environmental aspects of real estate development projects.
- Acquisition of real estate by foreigners.
- Real estate lotting.
- Real estate development and construction contracts including EPC, EPCM and BOT.
- Purchase and sale of urban and rural real estate.
- Establishment and operation of agricultural and agribusiness projects.
- Lease & sale and leaseback agreements.
- Real estate management agreements.
- Hotel management and operation agreements.
- Obtaining construction permits.
- Legal due diligence in matters concerning the real estate sector.
- Legal actions regarding expropriation, occupation, invasion, measurement, eviction, and demarcation matters.
\ Largest soft drinks bottler, in contract restructuring during Covid-19
Advised the sole distributor of one of the world´s largest soft drink companies on the re-negotiation of several contracts with clients, particularly with those clients most affected by the pandemic, such as restaurants and bars.
\ World leader in personal care products, in regulatory matters
Advised a leading global company in personal care products analyzing the implications and legality, as well as the follow-up of the parliamentary process, of three bills presented in Congress through which it was intended to control the prices of products considered essential during the pandemic.
\ Largest soft drink bottler, in adaptation of contracts to antitrust regulations
Assisted a major soft drinks company by analysing under competition law various clauses used in contracts with its clients, taking into account the soft drinks company´s high market share in Paraguay.