At Vouga Abogados, we understand the importance of having and promoting a culture of compliance within the corporate structure. We have therefore formed a highly qualified team to help companies implement programs and controls that allow them to carry out business practices with the highest ethical standards in Paraguay. Focused on effective collaboration between the executive management, human resources, internal controls and audit, we manage to prevent situations that may place the company at risk because of criminal or administrative business offences, through the implementation of compliance programs, training, audits and internal investigations.
Our team is qualified to provide support and advice in:
- Drafting and implementation of codes of conduct and compliance programs to comply with national and foreign law standards, such as the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the UK 2010 Bribery Act, the OECD Convention on Combating Bribery of Foreign Public Officials in International Business Transactions and national anti-bribery regulations.
- Staff training on compliance standards.
- Administrative summary procedures.
- Audits focused on environmental, labor and reputational risks.
- Anti-corruption risk assessment.
- Internal ethics and compliance investigations.
In line with our values, Vouga Abogados implemented in August 2018 its own Code of Ethics and Conduct (CEC), evidence of our strong conviction that ethics and professional excellence are inseparable from each other.
\ Largest soft drinks bottler, in contract restructuring during Covid-19
Advised the sole distributor of one of the world´s largest soft drink companies on the re-negotiation of several contracts with clients, particularly with those clients most affected by the pandemic, such as restaurants and bars.
\ World leader in personal care products, in regulatory matters
Advised a leading global company in personal care products analyzing the implications and legality, as well as the follow-up of the parliamentary process, of three bills presented in Congress through which it was intended to control the prices of products considered essential during the pandemic.
\ Largest soft drink bottler, in adaptation of contracts to antitrust regulations
Assisted a major soft drinks company by analysing under competition law various clauses used in contracts with its clients, taking into account the soft drinks company´s high market share in Paraguay.