At Vouga Abogados, we are recognized for our excellent high-level and complex corporate dispute resolution department. We have built an unrivaled reputation, thanks to our strong corporate roots. All of our litigation experts work hand in hand with our specialists in a wide range of business-related areas to efficiently defend our clients' interests. Our lawyers' international education and experience in multicultural environments are particularly suited to serve the interests of foreign ventures in Paraguay.
Our advisory and representation services cover the full spectrum of both domestic and international litigation and alternative dispute resolution, including:
- Out-of-court proceedings and measures aimed at preventing legal action.
- Medidas cautelares.
- Seizure of real estate, personal property and vessels.
- Seizure of property.
- Non-innovation measures.
- Injunctions and restraining orders.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Negotiation and mediation.
- Commercial and investment arbitration.
- Representation before the Paraguayan judicial system in the following areas:
- Civil and commercial.
- Contractual and extra-contractual.
- Commodities and futures contracts.
- Bankruptcy and creditor's meetings.
- Foreign trade.
- Distribution, agency, representation, franchising and licensing.
- Labor law.
- Intellectual Property.
- Consumer relations.
- Regulatory / administrative issues.
- Debt collection.
- Enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards in Paraguay.
- Legal opinions regarding the application of Paraguayan law in procedural or substantive aspects.
- Due diligence reports on ongoing litigation and possible areas of contingency.
\ Industrias Sulfuricas S.A. (ISUSA)
We represented a Uruguayan agribusiness company in an executive lawsuit for the collection of a debt instrumented in promissory notes for an approximate value of USD 2.5 million.
\ LG Electronics Inc.
Represented a renowned international electronics company in a lawsuit filed by its former distributor in Paraguay for alleged wrongful termination of contract under Law 194/93 on Distribution, Agency and Representation.
\ Leading watch manufacturer worldwide in litigation against local distributor
Assisted a world leading watch company in a controversy regarding the relationship it held with its Paraguayan distributor, in the application of the Paraguayan Distributor Law.