At Vouga Abogados, we are recognized for our excellent high-level and complex corporate dispute resolution department. We have built an unrivaled reputation, thanks to our strong corporate roots. All of our litigation experts work hand in hand with our specialists in a wide range of business-related areas to efficiently defend our clients' interests. Our lawyers' international education and experience in multicultural environments are particularly suited to serve the interests of foreign ventures in Paraguay.
Our advisory and representation services cover the full spectrum of both domestic and international litigation and alternative dispute resolution, including:
- Out-of-court proceedings and measures aimed at preventing legal action.
- Medidas cautelares.
- Seizure of real estate, personal property and vessels.
- Seizure of property.
- Non-innovation measures.
- Injunctions and restraining orders.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Negotiation and mediation.
- Commercial and investment arbitration.
- Representation before the Paraguayan judicial system in the following areas:
- Civil and commercial.
- Contractual and extra-contractual.
- Commodities and futures contracts.
- Bankruptcy and creditor's meetings.
- Foreign trade.
- Distribution, agency, representation, franchising and licensing.
- Labor law.
- Intellectual Property.
- Consumer relations.
- Regulatory / administrative issues.
- Debt collection.
- Enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards in Paraguay.
- Legal opinions regarding the application of Paraguayan law in procedural or substantive aspects.
- Due diligence reports on ongoing litigation and possible areas of contingency.
\ Largest soft drinks bottler, in contract restructuring during Covid-19
Advised the sole distributor of one of the world´s largest soft drink companies on the re-negotiation of several contracts with clients, particularly with those clients most affected by the pandemic, such as restaurants and bars.
\ World leader in personal care products, in regulatory matters
Advised a leading global company in personal care products analyzing the implications and legality, as well as the follow-up of the parliamentary process, of three bills presented in Congress through which it was intended to control the prices of products considered essential during the pandemic.
\ Largest soft drink bottler, in adaptation of contracts to antitrust regulations
Assisted a major soft drinks company by analysing under competition law various clauses used in contracts with its clients, taking into account the soft drinks company´s high market share in Paraguay.