Deep expertise in M&A, Banking & Finance and Project Finance. Represented buyers and sellers in complex, high-value M&A deals. Assisted borrowers, lenders, sponsors, issuers and underwriters in financing, project finance and infrastructure financing.
Played leading role in some of the the largest acquisitions, most complex cross-border finance and project finance transactions in Paraguay.
Strong background in Corporate Finance and Dispute Resolution.
Recognized as a Next Generation Partner by Legal 500, Leading Lawyer by Chambers and Partners, Rising Star by IFLR 1000, Latin Lawyer, among other leading publications.
Admitted to practice in the New York State Bar and Paraguay Bar Association.
Enthusiastic on building strong relationships with clients.
- Antitrust Law
- - Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Pension Funds and Investments. - Infrastructure and Project Finance - Corporate and Commercial Law - Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Distribution, Agency, Representation and Franchising
- Infrastructure & Project Finance
- Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Maritime, Aviation and Transportation Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Tax and Custom Law
- National University of Asuncion, Paraguay (Lawyer, summa cum laude, 2007)
- Columbia University School of Law, New York (LL.M., 2010)
- Admitted as an attorney to the New York State Bar.
- International Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, American Bar Association and Paraguayan Bar Association.
- Founding member and Director of the Master in Business Law of the Catholic University (MADE-UC), and Professor of Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) and Agency and Distribution Law at MADE-UC.
- Member of the Board of the Instituto Paraguayo de Derecho Bancario y Societario de Paraguay (IPDBS).
\ Sale of shares of Cadena Farmacenter S.A.
We advised the shareholders of one of the largest pharmacy chains in Paraguay, in the sale of their shares. Our advice included, among others, assistance in obtaining the corresponding authorization from the Competition Authority (CONACOM), as well as the drafting and allocation of risks in the share purchase agreement.
\ Leading company in hydrocarbons sector, in competition matters
Assisted an oil company by engaging with the authorities on its behalf regarding the investigations for alleged non-fulfilment of a commitments and remedies plan set forth by competition authority CONACOM when approving our client's acquisition of its competitor.
\ JV between two of the largest agribusiness and fertilizer companies worldwide, on antitrust matters
We provide advice to a joint venture composed of an international exporter and an agribusiness company, in the analysis of the scope of application of the Paraguayan Competition Law.