Environmental Law practice in Paraguay is in many aspects pioneered by the Vouga team. Our Firm is actively participating in initiatives to formulate changes to current environmental regulations. The Firm is consulted on a regular basis by local environmental authorities and is thus helping set the agenda on the matter. We advise in a wide range of environmental matters including:
- Environmental licenses for mining, oil & gas, water, conservation, industrial and forestry projects.
- Environmental due diligence.
- Evaluation of environmental legal contingencies.
- Formulation of action plans for environmental compliance.
- Administrative and judicial litigation in environmental matters.
- Advice on various environmental protection regimes such as exploitation of water resources, species, and protected areas.
- Assistance in certification processes in accordance with the ISO 14000 standard and regulations on certification of environmental services.
- Drafting of environmental clauses for contracts.
- Monitoring of environmental legislation, regulations and jurisprudence.
Pulp mill, in obtaining loans for operating capital and afforestation
We advised Paracel, a company that is promoting a large project for the construction of a pulp production plant, with its own production of eucalyptus wood, in the transaction to obtain a loan of USD 20,000,000 granted by a local commercial bank to finance working capital and afforestation projects.
\ Advice to Paracel on labor law matters
We advised the company behind the project to install a pulp mill in Paraguay in the drafting and standardization of contracts to be signed with employees from all areas of the project, including managers, administrative staff and field workers.
\ Implementation of labor policies, code of conduct and other labor issues
We advised the company behind the project to install a pulp mill in Paraguay in drafting and reviewing its internal policies relating, among others, to payroll procedures, cooperation agreements, drafting and due diligence of mandatory labor documentation, drafting and revision of the code of conduct for administrative and plant personnel.