Environmental Law practice in Paraguay is in many aspects pioneered by the Vouga team. Our Firm is actively participating in initiatives to formulate changes to current environmental regulations. The Firm is consulted on a regular basis by local environmental authorities and is thus helping set the agenda on the matter. We advise in a wide range of environmental matters including:
- Environmental licenses for mining, oil & gas, water, conservation, industrial and forestry projects.
- Environmental due diligence.
- Evaluation of environmental legal contingencies.
- Formulation of action plans for environmental compliance.
- Administrative and judicial litigation in environmental matters.
- Advice on various environmental protection regimes such as exploitation of water resources, species, and protected areas.
- Assistance in certification processes in accordance with the ISO 14000 standard and regulations on certification of environmental services.
- Drafting of environmental clauses for contracts.
- Monitoring of environmental legislation, regulations and jurisprudence.
\ Largest soft drinks bottler, in contract restructuring during Covid-19
Advised the sole distributor of one of the world´s largest soft drink companies on the re-negotiation of several contracts with clients, particularly with those clients most affected by the pandemic, such as restaurants and bars.
\ World leader in personal care products, in regulatory matters
Advised a leading global company in personal care products analyzing the implications and legality, as well as the follow-up of the parliamentary process, of three bills presented in Congress through which it was intended to control the prices of products considered essential during the pandemic.
\ Largest soft drink bottler, in adaptation of contracts to antitrust regulations
Assisted a major soft drinks company by analysing under competition law various clauses used in contracts with its clients, taking into account the soft drinks company´s high market share in Paraguay.