At Vouga Abogados, we have extensive experience advising national and international clients in the protection of their intellectual property rights, both in Paraguay and abroad. Our team of professionals is highly qualified in Intellectual Property matters and is capable of meeting the most demanding service standards, especially in highly complex matters.
Our services include:
- Registration of copyrights, trademarks, utility models and patents.
- Assistance in highly complex and high-value litigation.
- Advice on image rights and trade secrets.
- Protection of Geographical Indications.
- Protection of works of art.
- Due diligence services.
- Licensing and franchising agreements.
- Technical assistance agreements and transfer of know-how and technologies.
- Transfer of IP rights.
- Strategies and defense against counterfeiting, piracy, and unfair competition.
- Alternative dispute resolution.
- Interposition of precautionary measures.
Hydrocarbon distribution company, in intellectual property claim
Defending a major gas oil company in Paraguay against an action filed by a former employee claiming ownership of IP rights and the monetary value thereof, for software he had developed during his tenure as an employee of our client.
Largest soft drink bottler in claim for improper use of image
Assisted the sole distributor of one of the world´s largest soft drink companies in a lawsuit brought by a soccer fan who feels aggrieved by the alleged use of his image showing his face painted with the colours of the Paraguayan flag captured during an international match.
MasterCard / McCann Erickson in lawsuits related to intellectual property
We represented one of the most important credit card processing network companies in the world and a network of leading advertising agencies worldwide, in two lawsuits for alleged infringement of Intellectual Property rights.