At Vouga Abogados, we have extensive experience advising national and international clients in the protection of their intellectual property rights, both in Paraguay and abroad. Our team of professionals is highly qualified in Intellectual Property matters and is capable of meeting the most demanding service standards, especially in highly complex matters.
Our services include:
- Registration of copyrights, trademarks, utility models and patents.
- Assistance in highly complex and high-value litigation.
- Advice on image rights and trade secrets.
- Protection of Geographical Indications.
- Protection of works of art.
- Due diligence services.
- Licensing and franchising agreements.
- Technical assistance agreements and transfer of know-how and technologies.
- Transfer of IP rights.
- Strategies and defense against counterfeiting, piracy, and unfair competition.
- Alternative dispute resolution.
- Interposition of precautionary measures.
\ Largest soft drinks bottler, in contract restructuring during Covid-19
Advised the sole distributor of one of the world´s largest soft drink companies on the re-negotiation of several contracts with clients, particularly with those clients most affected by the pandemic, such as restaurants and bars.
\ World leader in personal care products, in regulatory matters
Advised a leading global company in personal care products analyzing the implications and legality, as well as the follow-up of the parliamentary process, of three bills presented in Congress through which it was intended to control the prices of products considered essential during the pandemic.
\ Largest soft drink bottler, in adaptation of contracts to antitrust regulations
Assisted a major soft drinks company by analysing under competition law various clauses used in contracts with its clients, taking into account the soft drinks company´s high market share in Paraguay.